What it is
Living Imperfectly: Get Out of Your Own Way is a 6-hour deep-dive on November 9th into what is holding you back from living the life you say you want to live. It’s a kickstart to move you toward the life you deserve.
Throughout the day you will:
- Name what is holding you back from living the life you want to live
- Process the source or origin of that belief
- Illuminate patterns in your thought processes and actions that fuel limiting beliefs
- Embrace who you are today – imperfections and all – believing that you are enough to build the life you want
- Create an action plan to un-stuck yourself
- Implement pattern-catching behaviors so that you do not slip back into unproductive habits and negative self-talk
- Free yourself from the shackles of shame that are keeping you from the life you deserve
- Cultivate a life that you are living on purpose
You will experience a series of thought-provoking, action-inspiring reflections, discussions, and activities. You will also have access to a team of trained coaches who will be available to assist you along the way. You will laugh. You will groan at expertly placed puns. You will reflect. You will listen. You will share. You will build relationships. You will look in the mirror. You will hope. You will plan. You will get yourself unstuck.
Who should go
You should attend this retreat if in the last 6-months you have said:
- I thought I would be somewhere else in my life right now.
- I am ready for something new. But what?
- I want to be in the driver’s seat of my life.
- I don’t know what else I could do for work/in life.
- I should just be happy with what I have and where I am in life.
- My relationship is good, not great, but good.
- I don’t deserve more than what I have right now.
- I am scared that I will fail and let (insert important person your life) down.
- It’s my fault, I made a commitment so now I need to see this through.
- I feel stuck.
What you get
- A transformational educational experience
- Branded leather notebook
- Access to the Living Imperfectly: Get Out of Your Own Way Facebook group
- Post-retreat accountability crew
- 15-min follow-up call with a trained coach 3 months later
- Continental breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks all-day
The entire program will take place on November 9th at Caveat Theater in the Lower East Side of New York City. Doors will open at 9am. Programming will start at 9:30 after a provided continental breakfast. Lunch will be on your own, but included in your ticket will be a list of BANGIN’ New York City restaurants you’ve probably seen on my Instagram. Post-program, I will head to a local bar to hang out with all attendees who are interested.
If you’re coming in from out of town, hotels in New York are often preposterously expensive, so we would recommend looking at AirBnB. If you need help finding a place, send me an email – James@JamesTRobo.com.
Cool, bro, but how much is it?
Well, we’ve developed this highly-sophisticated tiered pricing for your convenience:
In There Like Swimwear (Sign up before Sep 13th): $147
- In There Like Old Underwear (Sign up before October 11th): $177
- In There Like Baggy Jean…wear (Sign up before November 9th): $197
Note: If money is the only thing holding you back from attending, please fill out the form below or email me at James@JamesTRobo.com.
I have been in jobs that weren’t bringing me joy. I have been in relationships where I asked myself, “Is it going to be this way for the rest of my life?” I have stared at the Cheesecake Factory menu for an hour without being able to commit. I have been stuck.
I have left a job without another one lined up. I have sought help when I found myself in patterns I couldn’t get out of. I have committed to the idea that I will live a great life, not just a good one. I have become unstuck.
If you need some credentials on top of that, read on. I am an author, professional speaker, personal coach, comedian and entrepreneur. My first book, Leading Imperfectly: The value of being authentic for leaders, professionals, and human beings, came out a few years ago. I speak internationally to willing and unwilling attendees about authenticity, vulnerability, imposter syndrome, and leadership. My clients have included American Express, General Electric (GE), Society of Human Resources Managers (SHRM), and many others.
I am also a personal coach. I love helping people get out of their own way to live the lives they deserve and be the leaders they are capable of becoming. My coaching clients undergo purposeful life-changing and self-affirming transformations. And they range from CEOs to college students. I have a Masters in Counseling from Clemson University, which makes me sound fancy, too.
Have questions about the retreat?
Fill this little diddy out below and we will get back to you shortly! If it doesn’t work for some reason, just email James@JamesTRobo.com.