IMPROV your Teamwork and Communication
Teamwork and communication are the backbone of any effective corporation. These highly interactive workshop(s) focus on highlighting best practices and common pitfalls that teams exhibit in these areas. I will cater each workshop to your company’s specific needs and they can range in length from 1-4 hours. This workshop will stretch your team’s comfort zone, breaking down the barriers that hold us back from authentic and supportive workplaces. At the same time it will create a safe place for people to laugh at themselves and process what they are experiencing.
I have been performing and teaching improv since 2003. I trained at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in New York and have been a faculty member at the Magnet Theater in New York and taught workshops all around the country.
- Breakdown communication/teamwork issues in your current work environment in a safe and supportive manner
- Learn best practices for sharing positive and negative feedback
- Understand the benefits of being an active participant on a team vs. trying to do everything by yourself
- Learn improv rules and how they correlate to communication in the workplace
Leading Imperfectly: The value of being authentic for leaders, professionals, and human beings.
Hey Superwoman, take off your cape. Hey Batman, take off your mask. Hey decision makers, put away your ego. In this session, attendees will be asked to think about the way they communicate with each other differently by considering this concept: authentic leadership is about using your experiences, your shortcomings and lessons learned to make yourself appear human to your co-workers to create more genuine relationships thus boosting morale and trust. In this manner, you earn far more respect and admiration than you would from trying to be a leader who is a flawless hero. In turn, the bonds you form in your corporation are tighter and the greater the influence you can have on one another.
- Learn the definition and application of “Authentic Leadership.”
- Discover the importance of being a leader who is purposeful, empowering, real and moral.
- Differentiate between being a hero and a role model (role models make and learn from mistakes instead of trying to be seen as flawless heroes).
Work/Life Balance: Find Your Third Place
Work cannot run your life. We all need to have something that excites us outside of work and home. If we dedicated more time to that thing, our personal and professional lives both benefit because we would become more productive at work and more present at home. This introspective talk is about finding your third place, a concept made popular by Ray Oldenburg, and learning how to apply it so we can chase after the elusive “work/life balance” we all crave. In doing so we will add more stability, more impactful stories, and, most important, more fulfillment in our lives.
- Learn the third place principle
- Recognize that prioritizing your third place more will benefit you personally and professionally
- Understand the difference between the stories we tell others and the stories we tell ourselves
- Realize that we are deserving of a more fulfilling life